Each day Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. When appropriate we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
|FALSE||Claim by Rick Scott (R): “Joe Biden’s attorney general wants the FBI to go after parents for speaking out at school board meetings to protect kids from radical curriculum like critical race theory.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Has nothing to do with CRT or speaking out. Attorney General Merrick Garland directed Justice Department agencies to hold meetings nationwide on criminal threats against school personnel.)
|Claim via Social media: The military raided Facebook and took its servers
USA Today rating: False (I hope no one believed this?)
|FALSE||Claim by OAN and Gateway Pundit: “The most populated state in India just declared they are officially COVID-19 free after promoting widespread use of the safe proven medicine”
Health Feedback rating: Unsupported (Only 34 of the 75 districts in Uttar Pradesh have been declared COVID-19 free so far and there is no evidence Ivermectin is the reason.)
|FALSE||Claim via Joe Biden and DNC: Fox News Requires Vaccinations For All Employees.
Lead Stories rating: False (Vaccine not required; however, the unvaccinated are tested daily)
|TRUE||Claim by Max Kennerly in response to Allen West: The U.S. government pays $2,100 per dose for Regeneron’s monoclonal antibody treatment REGEN-COV.
Newsweek rating: True (Yes, paid for by the same government that pays for vaccines.)
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): Former New South Wales Premier Gladys Berejiklian has resigned after accepting $65m in bribes from AstraZeneca and Pfizer.
Full Fact rating: False (While Ms. Berejiklian has resigned following a corruption probe, it has nothing to do with bribes from Pfizer or AstraZeneca. There is no evidence of bribery from either company.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am