The code of principles of the International Fact-Checking Network IFCN at Poynter is a series of commitments organizations abide by to promote excellence in fact-checking. The following fact checks come from IFCN fact checkers. (D. Van Zandt)
|Claim by Judicial Watch: Did Tom Fitton, president of the conservative group Judicial Watch, win a legal battle, proving 1 million illegal votes were cast in the in the 2018 elections in California?
Lead Stories rating: False
|Claim via Social Media: The death rate of the new coronavirus is 0.004 percent
Reuters Fact Check rating: False
|Claim by Andrew Cuomo: “Some states, like Montana and Nebraska, are getting more than $300,000 in federal stimulus money per reported COVID-19 case. New York is the hardest-hit state and yet we are getting only about $12,000 per case.”
Politifact rating: Mostly True
|Claim by Various websites: House Speaker Nancy “Pelosi Promises to Resign if Trump is Re-Elected”
FactCheck.org rating: False
|Claim by Facebook posts: The government must have planned the coronavirus pandemic because the coronavirus relief bill had been introduced three years earlier.
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire
|(International: Kenya) Claim by The Standard newspaper: In Kenya, chances of women living to more than 100 years are almost three times that of men.
Africa Check rating: Incorrect
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact checks by the IFCN. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am