Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim by Viral image: Former President Donald Trump “was the 1st president in U.S. history to acknowledge that children are being sold for sex in the U.S.” while President Joe Biden “rescinded Trump’s executive order that helped combat child sex trafficking.”
PolitiFact rating: False (Presidents who held office before former President Donald Trump acknowledged child sex trafficking in the United States. President Joe Biden didn’t revoke Trump’s executive order to fight child sex trafficking in the United States.)
|Claim by The Epoch Times: Accord gives WHO power over US pandemic policies.
AFP Fact Check rating: False (Another fake news story made up by the Epoch Times.)
|Claim via Social Media: Winston Churchill didn’t mention the Holocaust in his memoirs because it didn’t happen.
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (The word “Holocaust’ to describe the murder of 6 million Jews and millions more during World War II wasn’t in popular use when Winston Churchill wrote his memoirs about the war, and he clearly acknowledged the genocide in other writings.)
|TRUE||Claim by Donald Trump (R): Referring to the train accident and his rollback of regulations, “I had nothing to do with it.”
The Washington Post rating: Correct (Thus far, the evidence indicates that Trump’s regulations rollback did not cause the accident.)
|Claim via Social Media: In February 2023, Twitter alerted users they could no longer use the Ukrainian flag emoji unless they paid for “Twitter Blue” status.
Snopes rating: False (Fake)
|FALSE||(International: Canada): It is illegal to fly the Canadian flag in the city of Ottawa.
Australian Associated Press rating: False (There are no regulations to prohibit flying the Canadian flag.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Just 3 hours before the deadline, Congress avoids a government shutdownby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 7:18 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on October 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Swiss glaciers lose 10% of volume in worst two years on recordby newsfactsnetwork on October 1, 2023 at 5:17 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Scroll.inby Media Bias Fact Check on October 1, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Liberal group in Michigan sues to keep Trump off ballot, citing 14th Amendmentby newsfactsnetwork on September 30, 2023 at 11:17 am
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Sep 24th – Sep 30thby Media Bias Fact Check on September 30, 2023 at 7:30 am
- Trump ally Scott Hall agrees to plea deal in Georgia elections caseby newsfactsnetwork on September 30, 2023 at 7:10 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 30, 2023 at 6:00 am