- Overall, we rate The World Economic Forum Left-Center Biased based on advocacy for positions that moderately align with the political left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: Switzerland (10/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1971, The World Economic Forum (WEF) is a Swiss nonprofit foundation based in Cologny, Geneva. Recognized by the Swiss authorities as an international body, its mission is cited as “committed to improving the state of the world by engaging business, political, academic, and other leaders of society to shape global, regional, and industry agendas.”
Funded by / Ownership
The World Economic Forum is a nonprofit, non-governmental organization (NGO) funded primarily through donations, membership dues, and participation fees. The board of trustees consists of notable figures such as former Democratic Vice President Al Gore, Jack Ma, and Klaus Schwab. The WEF has been criticized for its lack of transparency with funding.
Analysis / Bias
The World Economic Forum website features information about their agenda, initiatives, and events. The website also features articles from a globalist perspective endorsing healthcare protections and concerns for climate change.
In general, WEF’s website produces quality, in-depth reports, and initiatives related to global economic reform. All information is well-sourced and factual and presented with minimal bias in wording such as this Climate refugee – the world’s forgotten victims.
Editorially, WEF leans moderately left with its advocacy for global universal healthcare and environmental issues such as climate change. Further, when covering USA policies, they tend to favor the progressive left with stories such as this Why Juneteenth matters everywhere in the world. In conclusion, the WEF is factual in reporting and holds a moderate liberal/progressive perspective.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The World Economic Forum Left-Center Biased based on advocacy for positions that moderately align with the political left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 6/28/2017) Updated (6/19/2021)
Last Updated on June 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am