These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate WHIO – Dayton News Least Biased based on balanced news reporting and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1949, WHIO – Dayton News is a CBS-affiliated television station licensed to Dayton, Ohio, United States. The associated website whio.com covers news, sports, crime, and weather.
Funded by / Ownership
Cox Enterprises owns WHIO – Dayton News through their subsidiary Cox Media Group. They are a company that owns numerous newspapers, television stations, and radio stations, such as the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, WHIO – Dayton News covers news, sports, crime, and lifestyle for the greater Dayton, Ohio area. Local news is covered with minimally loaded language, such as this Campaign to repair landscape damaged by Memorial Day tornadoes continues for another year. Many local news stories contain videos from the TV station. The national news is primarily republished through the Associated Press.
Editorially, WHIO – Dayton News does not publish op-eds; however, when covering politics, they present info with minimal bias, such as this Biden, Mexican president confer on migration, diplomacy. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate WHIO – Dayton News Least Biased based on balanced news reporting and minimal editorializing. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 04/30/2022)
Last Updated on April 30, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am