These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate TreeHugger Left biased based on editorial positions that favor the left and advocacy for environmentalism. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2005, TreeHugger claims to be the leading media outlet dedicated to driving sustainability mainstream. Partial to a modern aesthetic, they strive to be a one-stop-shop for green news, solutions, and product information. The current managing editor is Melissa Breyer.
Funded by / Ownership
Treehugger is owned by Narrative Content Group, which was founded by Joel Babbit and Chuck Leavell (Keyboardist for the Rolling Stones and Allman Brothers band). Chuck Leavell is also a tree farmer and environmental activist. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, TreeHugger has a left-leaning political bias based on their views of conservation and sustainability, however, this is a scientific website that sources to credible science. They just happen to focus on the importance of conservation. Articles and headlines use minimally loaded language such as this Learn the footprint of your meat consumption with the Omni Calculator.
Editorially, TreeHugger aligns with the left based on their advocacy for conservation and concern for climate change. When reporting on political issues they present a negative point of view when covering the Trump administration such as this: 10 endangered species the Trump administration may kill off entirely.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate TreeHugger Left biased based on editorial positions that favor the left and advocacy for environmentalism. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/28/2017) Updated (6/22/2020)
Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am