A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate TPL News Questionable based on extreme left bias, promotion of propaganda, poor sourcing, and a complete lack of transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Left, Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2018, TPL News is a liberal news and opinion blog that completely lacks the transparency of ownership and authorship. According to their about page they state “We are a blog that writes articles and editorials that matter to the Liberal Community. We only use reliable, journalistic sources as our foundation, and we provide links to all our original sources within the text of our articles.”
The website is connected to the Facebook Page, the Proud Liberal, which has over 500,000 followers. The domain is registered in the USA.
Funded by / Ownership
TPL does not disclose ownership and is funded through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, story selection always favors the left and frequently denigrates the right. Headlines and articles contain loaded emotional wording such as this: Latest Mueller Revelation Could Mean More Serious Trouble for Trump: Mueller Uncovered a Kidnapping Plot with Michael Flynn Right in the Middle. This story completely lacks sourcing and is dated 10/11/19, despite the original story appearing on November 10, 2017. The unnamed author also offers opinions with very strong emotional wording “As if President Donald Trump wasn’t appalling enough on his own, every few days new information about members of his administration, his peers, or his family, is brought to light which makes them look just as appalling.”
When it comes to sourcing information, some articles contain proper sourcing to credible media outlets, while others are not sourced at all, despite coming from other authoritative sources. In general, this is not a credible website for news.
Overall, we rate TPL News Questionable based on extreme left bias, promotion of propaganda, poor sourcing and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 10/11/2019)
Last Updated on November 15, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm