A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Top Topic Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing, plagiarism, a complete lack of transparency and a failed fact check.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Poor Sourcing, Plagiarism, Lack of Transparency, Failed Fact Check
Top Topic is a far right-leaning news and opinion website that does not have an about page or any names associated with the website. An email address appears on the website: email@example.com. A search of this email reveals a connection to two other websites. One is MAGA9.com and the other is tomilahrens.us.
Funded by / Ownership
Ownership is not disclosed and funding is derived from online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Top Topic usually republishes right biased articles from other sources without giving credit (Plagiarism). For example, this story: AOC Might Be In Even Bigger Trouble Than Jussie Smollett For Her Lies About Boyfriend is taken word for word from the Questionable Federalist Papers Project. In general, there is zero sourcing of information on this website. Story selection always favors the right and denigrates the left. They also frequently publish pro-Trump propaganda stories from other questionable sources. Further, Top Topic has a Pants on Fire Claim from an IFCN fact-checker.
Overall, we rate Top Topic Questionable based on extreme right bias, poor sourcing, plagiarism, a complete lack of transparency, and a failed fact check. (D. Van Zandt 2/23/2019)
Last Updated on November 15, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am