These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate TheImproper Left Biased based on editorial position that favors the left and loaded language, as well as High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to their about page “TheImproper is a cutting-edge pop culture, arts, entertainment, and lifestyle Web magazine based in New York City. It publishes in-depth features, daily breaking news, opinion and gossip, dining reviews, and listings for the city’s best events.” The website was founded in 2006 by Keith Girard who has over 30 years of experience as a reporter and editor-in-chief. He currently serves as the Editor and Publisher of TheImproper.
Funded by / Ownership
The web magazine is owned by Keith Girard and is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, TheImproper primary reports on entertainment and culture about New York City. They also occasionally report political news with a strong left-leaning bias such as this article: Tucker Carlson Scolded By Journalist Brit Hume for Hate Mongering (See!). This particular article does not contain linked sourcing, however, it is an opinion piece centering around a video clip, which they provide and therefore does not require it. In another piece highly critical of the right, (Brett Kavanaugh History of Lying, Zealotry, Hypocrisy Disqualifies Him for High Court) there is significant use of loaded language denigrating Brett Kavanaugh and the right in general, however, the information is properly sourced to court documents and other credible media outlets.
A factual search reveals that TheImproper has not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate TheImproper Left Biased based on editorial position that favors the left and loaded language, as well as High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 9/12/2018)
Last Updated on November 15, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds