These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate TheGreggJarrett.com Right Biased based on story selection and editorials that routinely favor the right and President Trump. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources as well as a few failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2016, TheGreggJarrett.com is the personal news blog of author and Fox News Legal Analyst Gregg Jarrett. According to his about page, he states “Gregg Jarrett is a Fox News legal analyst and commentator, and formerly worked as a defense attorney and adjunct law professor. He is the author of the No. 1 New York Times best-selling book “The Russia Hoax: The Illicit Scheme to Clear Hillary Clinton and Frame Donald Trump.” The about page further lists “Prior to joining FNC, Jarrett served as an anchor and correspondent for MSNBC, where he covered the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, the terrorist attacks on 9/11 and the 2000 presidential election from Tallahassee, FL. He also served as an anchor at Court TV for nine years.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website is owned by Gregg Jarrett and copyrighted through a media marketing company called M3 Media Management. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the website publishes news and commentary by Gregg Jarrett as well as unnamed staff. News reported by staff utilizes moderately loaded headlines that favor the right such as this: Pelosi Can’t Be Bothered to Read Trump’s Letter Before Impeachment Vote and this Trump Rips Pelosi’s ‘Stupid’ Impeachment Effort at Pennsylvania Rally. This latter story links to Hannity.com as a source of information. Sean Hannity has a poor fact check record with 50% of his claims being Mostly False to Pants on Fire, according to Politifact.
Editorially, the website features an opinion section that is exclusively written by Gregg Jarrett. The most recent commentaries hold a very strong pro-Trump bias, often referring to the Trump investigations as a Witch Hunt:
- Latest Pelosi-Schiff impeachment ‘witch hunt’ is venomous affront to constitutional principles
- Ukraine probe has morphed into the ‘Nancy Pelosi-Adam Schiff Witch Hunt’
- The New Pelosi-Schiff “Witch Hunt” to Impeach Trump is an Abuse Of Power
In general, all editorials favor the right and in particular Donald Trump, while consistently denigrating the left with loaded emotional wording.
Failed Fact Checks
- “The FBI has become America’s secret police … like the old KGB.” – Pants on Fire
- “You can collude all you want with a foreign government in an election. There’s no such statute” (that makes collusion a crime). – False
Overall, we rate TheGreggJarrett.com Right Biased based on story selection and editorials that routinely favor the right and President Trump. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources as well as a few failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 12/18/2019) Updated (5/27/2020)