These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Times Herald Right-Center biased based on publishing right-leaning opinion pieces and High for factual news reporting due to proper sourcing and syndication through USA Today.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Times Herald is a daily newspaper based in Port Huron, Michigan. The paper is part of the USA Today Network and covers Port Huron’s local news, national news, and news headlines and stories worldwide.
Funded by / Ownership
Gannett, the publisher of USA Today, owns the Times Herald. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Times Herald poorly sources their opinion pieces. They publish articles with emotionally loaded language such as: “Trump right to impose tariffs on flood of steel imports.” Most opinion pieces favor the right such as: “After a year of Trump, Democrats are delusional,” “Beltway media needs to take a deep breath. Fake Trump stories hurt you.” However, they present the opposite view: “I wish I had faith in President – Trump makes it impossible.” In total, more opinion pieces favor the right. Local news reporting is usually well-sourced, and many news items are syndicated from the High factual USA Today.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Times Herald Right-Center biased based on publishing right-leaning opinion pieces and High for factual news reporting due to proper sourcing and syndication through USA Today. (M. Huitsing 3/29/2018) Updated (01/24/2022)
Last Updated on January 24, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds