These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
Update: This source is no longer online.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
The RANTidote is a news and opinion blog written by Robby J. Fonts who is the frontman for the rap-metal band Stuck Mojo. The blog covers news about the metal music industry and politics. The RANTidote reports news with a right-wing bias based on story selection that favors conservatives. There is a strong use of loaded words when conveying opinions, that again tend to favor the right. There is minimal use of sourcing in articles as most is simply opinion pieces or as the blog indicates, rants. The RANTidote has not been fact-checked by credible fact-checkers, but we found a false claim in this article when Robby Fonts claims that the counter-protesters in Charlottesville did not have a permit. They did. Overall, we rate The RANTidote right biased based on story selection and Mixed for factual reporting based on poor sourcing and a false claim. (D. Van Zandt 8/26/2017)
Last Updated on August 28, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am