These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Good Men Project Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor the progressive left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact checks record.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2009 by Tom Matlack, The Good Men Project publishes stories on health, politics, and relationships related to men. Tom Matlack was formerly the CFO of the Providence Journal and currently serves as an investor and CEO advisor. According to their about page, “The Good Men Project is a glimpse of what enlightened masculinity might look like in the 21st century.”
Funded by / Ownership
Good Men Media Inc owns the Good Men Project website. They were initially funded by Tom Matlack and generate revenue through advertising and paid memberships.
Analysis / Bias
The Good Men Project publishes original articles on relationships, health, business, sports, and politics for a male audience. Reports are typically fact-based, citing credible sources such as The BBC, Politico, and the Centers for Disease Control. Headlines and content use moderately emotional wording such as this All the Times White People Got Reparations for No Longer Enslaving People.
Editorially, The Good Men Project advocates a progressive liberal perspective. For example, they frequently publish articles promoting social justice, such as What Being Drugged and Robbed Taught Me About Rape Culture. When reporting on Democrats, they often have a favorable tone such as this The Biden-Harris Administration Is the Most Diverse Ever. When covering Republicans, they present a harshly negative tone, such as Giuliani Joins the Club: Welcome Home, Rudy. A quote from the article reads, “Giuliani’s abuses were so blatant that John Bolton was quoted as saying ‘Giuliani is a hand grenade that is going to blow up everybody.'” In general, they report the news factually and with progressive left editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Good Men Project Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor the progressive left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact checks record. (D. Van Zandt 10/7/2021)
Last Updated on January 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am