These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Brunswick News Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Brunswick News was established in 1902 and founded by brothers C.H. Leavy and L.J. Leavy. The Brunswick News is headquartered in Brunswick, Georgia, and it focuses on local news and covers national and international news, sports, life, business, and crime stories. They have print and online editions. In addition to its daily newspaper, The Brunswick News also publishes a biweekly newspaper covering social activities called Coastal Illustrated and Golden Isles Magazine.
Funded by / Ownership
The Brunswick News is owned by Brunswick News Publishing Co.(BNP), which the Leavy family owns. Buff Leavy is the president and executive editor of Brunswick News Publishing Co. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Brunswick News typically focuses on issues concerning local communities, such as “Dealing with the future threat of rising seas” and articles sourced through interviews with local experts. For international news, they source the Associated Press.
Editorially, The Brunswick News publishes editorials that favor the right such as this editorial dated 2016: “Trump deserves credit for political achievements.” In another article dated 2020, they endorse Republican Donald Trump for President, “President Trump is the right choice to lead us forward.”
The Brunswick News also publishes syndicated conservative columnist articles. For example, they publish articles written by syndicated right-leaning columnist Patrick Buchanan “A dark winter for the Grand Old Party.” A quote from the article reads, “Other Trump add-ons to the traditional GOP agenda remain popular with large majorities of Americans,” and “The questions of the hour are these: Will the GOP be united against an incumbent party that is moving visibly leftward and dragging the country with it — and what will Donald Trump do?” Another columnist is Star Parker, who also writes for the Content Creators Agency: “Opinion: Opt-out of Social Security for racial equity.” In general, the news is reported factually and with a right-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Brunswick News Right-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 2/13/2021) Updated (10/21/2021)
Last Updated on October 21, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am