These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Chris Ernesto (born October 16, 1963) is a founding member of St. Pete for Peace, a non-partisan antiwar organization providing peace-oriented education events and services to the Tampa Bay, FL community since 2003. He created and manages the StPeteForPeace.org, OccupyArrests.com, and USinAfrica.com websites. Ernesto has also organized numerous demonstrations, published multiple articles and videos, and is a lead researcher for St. Pete for Peace where he has developed dozens of fact sheets.
Funded by / Ownership
St. Pete for Peace is owned by Chris Ernesto. There does not appear to be a clear revenue source for this website.
Analysis / Bias
In review, St. Pete for Peace primarily curates news from other sources with the message supporting a progressive left/libertarian bias. For example, they have a very negative view of Democratic President Joe Biden’s foreign policy such as this Biden Foreign Policy Fact Sheet. This story consists of links to third-party sources highlighting Biden’s foreign policy. Some of the sources used are not credible such as RT News, Breitbart, and PressTV. Other stories focus on Trump’s foreign policy such as this Trump Foreign Policy Fact Sheet. The primary message here is antiwar, which can identify with both the progressive left and libertarians. A review of content indicates more aligns with the left.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have not been fact-checked
Overall, we St. Pete for Peace Left Biased based on support for progressive causes. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources who routinely publish propaganda and fail fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 2/9/2017) Updated (3/5/2021)
Last Updated on March 5, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am