These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Shadow Proof Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor a progressive perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Shadow Proof is a progressive news website and activist organization formed in 2015 by Kevin Gosztola and Brian Sonenstein. After long-time progressive political blog, Firedoglake shut down and merged its 200K plus articles into Shadow Proof. Shadow Proof state their mission as “to expose systemic abuses of power in business and government while at the same time developing a model for independent journalism that supports a diverse range of young freelance writers and contributors.” You can find more details about their goals here.
Funded by / Ownership
FDL Media Group owns shadow Proof. Donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Shadow Proof uses emotional language both in their headlines and articles such as “WHERE WAS PRESIDENT OBAMA’S ‘DECENCY’ WHEN HE WAS DEPORTING DREAMERS?” and “TRUMP IS TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE FACT THAT OBAMACARE WAS MADE TO BE BROKEN” and “READ DEA CHIEF’S RESIGNATION MEMO ADMONISHING TRUMP FOR ENDORSING POLICE MISCONDUCT.”
Shadow Proof is a strong advocate for a single-payer health care system, and they dedicated one category solely to single-payer under the category “ROAD TO SINGLE-PAYER.” They also focus on incarceration and prisoners’ rights under the subsection “Prison Protest.” Overall, Shadow Proof uses credible media sources such as Boston Globe, NYTimes, and Politico; therefore, we rate Shadow Proof Left Biased based on political positions and wording.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the last 5 years.
Overall, we rate Shadow Proof Left Biased based on editorial positions that favor a progressive perspective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 10/19/2017) Updated (10/27/2021)
Last Updated on October 27, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am