These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate SciTechDaily a Pro-Science source based on publishing information from credible peer-reviewed journals and universities. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record; however, they lack transparency and therefore are rated medium credibility.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1998 by Vicki Hyde, SciTechDaily publishes news articles and press releases related to science and technology. According to their about page, “SciTechDaily offers the best intelligent, informed science and technology coverage and analysis you can find on a daily basis, sourcing a huge range of great writers and excellent research institutes.”
The website describes their editorial board as “Our Editorial Board is made up of scientists, engineers, and researchers that are united in their passion for discovery and dedication to authenticity.”
Funded by / Ownership
SciTechDaily lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership on the website. Some online sources claim SciTechDaily is owned by DailyEDeals, a company that provides advertising and coupons to large chain stores. However, we are unable to confirm their ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
SciTechDaily publishes science and technology news through curated press releases from credible institutions like research universities, the New England Journal of Medicine, and other credible journals. Topics are broken into the categories: Biology, Chemistry, Earth, Health, Physics, Science, Space, and Technology. Articles and headlines are low biased, reflecting the article’s content such as this Discovery of Vital Role for the Brain’s Immune Cells Reveals a New Aspect of Human Biology. This story is derived from the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
In general, the information on SciTechDaily is factual and presented with minimal bias. Despite factual content, they lack transparency in disclosing they are owned by an Ad company, thereby reducing their credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate SciTechDaily a Pro-Science source based on publishing information from credible peer-reviewed journals and universities. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record; however, they lack transparency and therefore are rated medium credibility. (D. Van Zandt 10/15/2021)
Last Updated on January 14, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am