These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Republican (Masslive.com) Least Biased based on low biased news reporting and only a slight left lean, editorially. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1824, The Republican (Masslive.com) is a daily broadsheet newspaper located in Springfield Massachusetts. The current editor is Wayne E. Phaneuf.
Funded by / Ownership
The Republican is owned by Advance Publications, Inc, which owns Discovery Channel, Condé Nast, the digital news website Wired. The paper is funded through advertising, classified ads, and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Republican (Masslive.com) reports local news through journalists with minimal bias in wording such as this Robert D. Smith of Pittsfield sentenced to prison in hit-and-run that killed bicyclist. The paper also covers news from all parts of the state and region with news being broken into city categories such as Boston, Springfield, Cape Code, Etc. National and international news comes from other sources such as the Associated Press. Editorially, The Republican has endorsed both Republican and Democratic Presidential candidates. In 2008, they endorsed Republican John McCain, in 2012, Democrat Barack Obama and in 2016 Democrat Hillary Clinton. A review of editorials and op-eds shows a reasonable balance between left and right-leaning opinions, with perhaps a slight lean left. In general, The Republican reports straight news factually and editorially is reasonably balanced.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Republican (Masslive.com) Least Biased based on low biased news reporting and only a slight left lean, editorially. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 6/7/2019)
Last Updated on November 12, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am