These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate PPP Least Biased based on a consistently positive track record with polling data.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2001 by businessman Dean Debnam, Public Policy Polling (PPP) is a U.S. Democratic polling firm based in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Funded by / Ownership
PPP is owned by Dean Debnam and funding is derived from sales of polling data.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Political research firm YouGov found PPP’s gubernatorial polls to have the lowest average margin of error among national firms that polled in at least ﬁve gubernatorial races in the month preceding the election. In 2013, columnist Nate Cohn described PPP as a liberal pollster that is pseudoscientific, although according to statistician Nate Silver, PPP had a tendency to slightly lean Republican as of September 2016. Further, a study by Fordham University found that of 28 firms studied, PPP had the most accurate poll on the presidential national popular vote.
Overall, we rate PPP Least Biased based on a consistently positive track record with polling data. (12/10/2017) Updated (D. Van Zandt 12/15/2018)
Last Updated on July 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm