These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Occupy.com Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and activism for issues that align with the political left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to their about page, “Occupy.com is a news and media channel amplifying the voices of the global 99%. We use news, analyses, music, video, photography, and graphics to heighten awareness and inspire engagement for social, economic, and environmental justice. We consist of a small, dedicated group of journalists, editors, designers, and developers.” The website does not disclose an editor.
Funded by / Ownership
From the website: “Occupy.com is an independent, 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. We are supported by a combination of tax-deductible donations and volunteerism.”
Analysis / Bias
In review, Occupy.com publishes news related to economic, environmental, and social justice. Occupy.com both republishes articles from left-leaning media sources such as Salon and Common Dreams, as well as producing original content. In reviewing the original content, there is the moderate use of loaded language in the headlines such as this: UN POVERTY REPORT HIGHLIGHTS BRITISH GOVERNMENT’S ROLE FUELLING INEQUALITY. This story is properly sourced to credible media outlets. In fact, all of the original articles reviewed were properly sourced to left-leaning sources or .org’s. In general, story selection favors the left with a focus on the issues of climate change, the police state, the corporate state, and social injustice.
Overall, we rate Occupy.com Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and activism for issues that align with the political left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/6/2018) Updated (2/23/2019)
Last Updated on October 11, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am