Founded in 2001, NTD TV (Not to be confused with Australian NTD (TV station) or New Tang Dynasty Television is a New York-based television broadcaster. According to their about page, NTD’s mission is “At NTD we believe the integrity of our world hinges on the accurate and truthful spreading of information.” NTD TV was founded by a group of Chinese-American Falun Gong practitioners, which supports social conservatism, segregated paradises, and anti-communism, according to RationalWiki. The Wall Street Journal states that Falun Gong also founded the Epoch Times. However, an SF Gate article suggests that Executives at the Epoch Times, New Tang Dynasty, and Sound of Hope deny representing the movement. The Chinese Government considers the movement a cult, stating, “NTD.TV claims to be an independent public media organization serving Chinese people worldwide. But, in essence, it is a mouthpiece of ‘Falun Gong’ in the cult and anti-China propaganda.”
NTD TV’s primary focus is news, cultural shows, educational programs, sports, and entertainment.
Funded by / Ownership
New Tang Dynasty TV is a nonprofit organization founded by Falun Gong practitioners and is owned by the Epoch Media Group, which also operates the Epoch Times. Revenue is generated revenue through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, NTD TV uses minimally loaded emotional language in its headlines, such as “Vice President Pence to Mueller Investigation: Very Respectfully, It’s Time to Wrap Up “and “Mueller’s Russian Troll Case Returns to Bite Him as One Defendant Shows up for Trial. “New Tang Dynasty Television sources to their questionable right biased sister news media company the Epoch Times and they also republish articles from Reuters. Editorially, NTD TV supports conservative issues.
During the Coronavirus outbreak, they published false and misleading information such as Doctor’s cremating people alive in Wuhan, China: Video: Woman Says Coronavirus Patients Cremated Alive. This claim has never been proven. See failed fact checks below. Further, during the 2020 Presidential Election, they frequently floated conspiracy theories related to election fraud, such as this Dominion Voting Machines Designed to Influence Results: Forensics Report. Again, there is no evidence to suggest this is true. In general, NTD TV is Right Biased and frequently publishes false and misleading information.
Failed Fact Checks
- The coronavirus may have originated in a Chinese laboratory. – Unproven / Original story: Chinese Netizens and Expert Suspect Wuhan Bioresearch Lab Is the Source of the Coronavirus
- Coronavirus patients are being “cremated alive” in China. – False
Overall, we rate NTD TV Right biased based on editorial positions that favor the right and questionable based on the promotion of conspiracies, propaganda, lack of transparency, and false claims. (M. Huitsing 5/11/2018) Updated (12/06/2021)
Last Updated on December 6, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am