These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate NewsNet Least Biased based on low biased evidence-based reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record and the use of minimal commentary in stories.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2018 and officially launched on January 1, 2019, NewsNet is “a 24/7 news channel with a focus on the headlines. NewsNet follows a classic news wheel format, delivering national and international news, weather and sports headlines every half hour.”
In addition to being carried on digital subchannels of affiliated television stations, NewsNet also distributes its programming through a Livestream that is available on its website (yournewsnet.com), as well as mobile apps in areas where it does not have a terrestrial TV affiliate. NewsNet’s operations are based out of the studios of WMNN-LD on West 13th Street and 3rd Avenue in Cadillac, Michigan.
As of May 2019, NewsNet has current and pending affiliation agreements with 43 television stations in 39 television markets encompassing 21 states, covering 26.26% of the United States.
The current President and CEO is Eric Wotila.
Funded by / Ownership
NewsNet is owned by NewsNet LLC. Funding was originally derived from investors but now comes through advertising and broadcast fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, NewsNet TV is very similar to the now-defunct Headline News Network, which features straightforward factual news reporting without adding commentary. This review, however, will focus on website content.
The website features news that is currently being played on the TV station. Each article has a low biased headline such as this: Mueller Testifies To Lawmakers About Russia Probe. The article content is a short summary of the story, that is again written with minimal bias. When reporting political news there very little bias in wording such as this: Trump Administration Changing Portions of Citizenship Test. This story does not provide commentary and sticks to the facts. In general, this is no-nonsense straight to the facts news reporting organization.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate NewsNet Least Biased based on low biased evidence-based reporting. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record and the use of minimal commentary in stories. (D. Van Zandt 7/25/2019)
Last Updated on July 1, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am