These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Journal Star Least Biased based on diverse editorial opinions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1867, the Journal Star (JS) is an online newspaper serving the Lincoln, Nebraska metro area. It is published by Lee Enterpises. The current editor is Dave Bundy.
Funded by / Ownership
The Journal Star is owned by Lee Enterprises, which according to Open Secrets has donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians since 1990. The Journal Star is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Journal Star covers local news through reporters with minimal bias such as this Lincoln man in jail on $500K bond for allegedly beating woman with a cord. National and international news comes from the Associated Press.
A review of op-eds reveals that they promote diversity of thought. There is a reasonable balance from right to left on the op-ed page, with maybe slightly more favoring the left. It is close as this source tries to represent diverse voices and we conclude least biased.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Journal Star Least Biased based on diverse editorial opinions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Kelley 9/15/2017) Updated (9/18/2021)
Last Updated on September 18, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am