These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Kenosha News Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1894, The Kenosha News is a daily newspaper published in Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States, covering southeastern Wisconsin and northeastern Illinois. The paper covers news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion. Kenoshanews.com serves as the domain for online newspaper content.
Funded by / Ownership
Lee Enterprises owns and publishes the Kenosha News. According to Open Secrets, Lee Enterprises donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians from 1990 until 2016. However, during the 2020 election cycle, they donated 70% to Democratic candidates and causes. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Kenosha News reports on news, sports, weather, crime, and entertainment for the greater Kenosha, Wisconsin region. Reporters cover local news with minimal bias, such as this Kenosha man wanted in officer shooting. The website publishes national and international news from the Associated Press and CNN.
Editorially, the Kenosha News often endorses Democratic Presidential candidates such as John Kerry in 2004, Barack Obama in 2008, and Hillary Clinton in 2016. A review of editorial articles demonstrates that slightly more favor a liberal perspective such as this Editorial: Conservatives on the Supreme Court look set to trash Roe v. Wade’s viability line — but what would they replace it with?. The news is generally reported factually and with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Kenosha News Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact-check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/10/2020) Updated (06/13/2022)
Last Updated on June 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am