These leaders have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Justin Trudeau is currently the Prime Minister of Canada. He is the leader of the left-leaning Liberal Party of Canada. We assign Justin Trudeau a Left-Center Bias and Mostly factual rating due to ethics violations related to the SNC-Lavalin Scandal.
About Justin Trudeau
- Justin Trudeau has been the Prime Minister of Canada since 2015.
- Trudeau’s Liberals won a majority government in the 2015 federal election.
- Elected as the Leader of the Liberal Party in April 2013.
- Elected as the Member of Parliament for the Papineau riding in Montreal in 2008 and re-elected in 2011, 2015, and 2019.
- Worked as a teacher at both the elementary and secondary levels in British Columbia and Quebec before entering politics.
- Served as Katimavik’s Chair between 2002 and 2006 (youth community service program)
Justin Trudeau is the 23rd Canadian Prime Minister and the Leader of the center-left Liberal Party of Canada. Justin Trudeau’s father is the former Canadian Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
Trudeau’s political platform centers around progressive policies, including efforts to address climate change in Canada, promote environmentalism, advance equality and diversity, and uphold principles of social justice. For instance, he has taken various steps to address climate change in Canada, as discussed in this article. Trudeau has introduced policies such as the Canada Child Benefit and the legalization of cannabis, which have been praised for their positive impact on Canadian families and society. However, his government has faced criticism for handling issues such as Indigenous reconciliation and affordable housing. In addition, Trudeau faced controversy over several ethics violations, including the SNC-Lavalin scandal in 2019.
Politico reports that Justin Trudeau has announced his intention to continue serving as Canada’s Prime Minister until at least 2025, as the Liberal Party unveiled its platform for the upcoming federal election. Trudeau’s approval rating has fluctuated since he became Prime Minister in 2015, reaching a high of 66% and a low of 29% amid controversy. His current rating stands at 45%, indicating that his leadership and policies continue to resonate with a significant portion of Canadians. The next federal election in Canada is scheduled for October 25, 2025.
Recent Failed Fact Checks
- Justin Trudeau has not directly failed a fact check; however, he has faced criticism for ethics violations in the SNC-Lavalin Scandal.
(M. Huitsing 04/08/2023)
Last Updated on April 8, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.