- Overall, we rate jordanbpeterson.com as right-biased and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, false claims, failed fact checks, and anti-transgender messaging.
Questionable Reasoning: Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, False Claims, Failed Fact Checks, Anti-Transgender
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
JordanBPeterson.com is the official website for Canadian Clinical Psychologist Jordan B. Peterson. He is a YouTube personality, podcaster, author, and former professor emeritus at the University of Toronto.
In 2021, Peterson resigned from the University of Toronto and returned to podcasting.
In 2022, Peterson signed a deal with the news company The Daily Wire, which includes the distribution rights to Peterson’s video and podcast library. Finally, in June 2022, Peterson was suspended from Twitter for violating the site’s hateful conduct policy when he misgendered and negatively commented on Elliot Page.
Funding / Ownership
Jordan Peterson owns JordanBPeterson.com. The website and Mr. Peterson generate revenue through Youtube and Podcast monetization, the sale of classes and books, speaking engagements, and a shop that sells his products.
Analysis / Bias
JordanBPeterson.com features online courses, links to his published books, information on his 2022 tour, links to his Youtube channel/podcasts, and a blog. The blog features transcripts from his interviews and articles that denigrate the left, such as this Equity: When the Left Goes Too Far.
Politically, Jordan Peterson has been described as Alt. Right, Libertarian, and he describes himself as a British Classical Liberal. He is also a popular figure within the Intellectual Dark Web, a movement opposed to identity politics and claims that free speech is under siege. Ultimately, the label that best fits Mr. Peterson is Conservative.
Below is a list of Peterson’s primary political viewpoints.
- Opposed to political correctness
- Opposed to cultural Marxism
- Women’s studies should be defunded
- There is a crisis of masculinity
- Believes that “order” is masculine and “chaos” is feminine
- Opposed to bill C-16 related to gender pronouns
- Doubts the scientific consensus on climate change
While Jordan Peterson rejects being conservative or right-leaning, his audience mainly consists of white conservative males. Further, his political views are supported by modern conservatives and opposed by progressive Democrats.
In addition to conservative viewpoints, Mr. Peterson has made questionable statements that have been controversial, such as calling a plus-size model “not Beautiful” and consistently making negative statements toward transgender persons. Finally, he often promotes misinformation and pseudoscience, especially regarding Gender Identity, Covid-19, and climate change. See failed fact checks below.
Despite Peterson’s claims, he is right biased and sometimes promotes false information.
Failed Fact Checks
- Photograph shows a Home Depot “privilege” worksheet used in employee training – Misleading
- CDC admitted that Covid can only be caught once. – False
- Covid Vaccines More Likely to Put You in Hospital Than Keep You Out – Inaccurate
- Trudeau runs away from a trucker’s convoy. This is so funny. The Simpsons’ writers predicted everything – False
- In other words, you’re about 70 percent less likely to die if you take ivermectin compared to taking remdesivir – Misleading
- Germany tried switching to wind and solar power and ended up producing more carbon dioxide. – False
- Viral chart proves current global temperature is below 9,500 year average. – False
Overall, we rate jordanbpeterson.com as right-biased and Questionable due to the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience, false claims, failed fact checks, and anti-transgender messaging. (D. Van Zandt 07/17/2022) Updated (01/28/2023)
Last Updated on January 28, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check