These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Jackson Free Press Left-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180 (2020)
Founded in 2002, The Jackson Free Press (JFP) is a for-profit tabloid community magazine available free of charge at various retail establishments in Jackson, Mississippi. The current editor is Donna Ladd.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Jackson Free Press is primarily a lifestyle and entertainment magazine for the Jackson, Mississippi area, covering dining, entertainment, music, sports, and news. For the purpose of this review, we will focus on their news section, which uses minimal to moderate loaded language in headlines such as this: Senate Passes $1,000 Teacher Pay Raise, Seeking To Address Teacher Shortage Crisis. This story is properly sourced to credible media outlets and information. The JFP also has a From the Wire Section that curates news from the Associated Press related to Mississippi. Editorially, the JFP tends to lean left in story selection and political affiliation. In general, this is a lifestyle tabloid, dedicated to Jackson, Mississippi that has a left-leaning bias in story selection.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Jackson Free Press Left-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/21/2019)
Last Updated on May 10, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm