These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Issues & Insights Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor a libertarian/conservative perspective. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional reliance on poor sources as well as two failed fact checks.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2019, Issues & Insights or I&I is a Libertarian-leaning news and opinion website. According to their about page “This site was started by the team that for decades had produced IBD Editorials at Investor’s Business Daily. Unlike other pundits and media celebrities, we do the hard work of reporting and researching stories before we offer our uncompromising viewpoints on them.” They further state “We are unapologetically pro-free market and for a limited federal government.” A list of their editorial board can be found here.
Funded by / Ownership
Issues & Insights does not openly disclose ownership, however, on the footer of each page, it says it is published/owned by Issues & Insights LLC. According to Real Clear Politics I&I is funded through reader donations as well as advertising that is evident on each page.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Issues & Insights reports news and commentary through guest authors as well as opinion pieces written by members of their editorial board. Most members of the editorial board are from the strongly right-leaning Investor’s Business Daily, which does not have a positive record with fact-checkers. Guest articles typically contain moderately loaded emotional language such as this FDA Plays Defense On COVID-19 Vaccine Approvals. This article is sourced to credible media outlets such as the New York Times, Politico, and the FDA. Story selection always favors the right and frequently denigrates the left such as this: Democrats’ Scorched-Earth Tactics Should Stop at the Virus’ Edge. (But Won’t). When it comes to sourcing I&I always provides links to support their claims, however, some of the sources they utilize have very poor track records with fact-checkers such as American Thinker, Hot Air, and Rush Limbaugh.
Editorially, all opinions tend to favor a libertarian/conservative perspective. For example, many articles harshly criticize the left such as this No Doubt About It: Democrats Are Part Of The Riot Problem, while frequently reporting favorably on President Trump The Facts About Trump That Are Deadly For Democrats. When it comes to science they sometimes publish misleading information regarding climate change that does not support the consensus such as this: A Short List Of Facts Global Warming Alarmists Don’t Want To Face. Further, throughout the Covid-19 outbreak of 2020, they have offered information that downplays the mortality of the disease The Big Surge In Coronavirus Deaths Is A Media-Fed Myth. In general, news reporting and editorials consistently favor the right, while some information is misleading or false.
Failed Fact Checks
- Less than 5% of carbon dioxide emissions are produced by man [… they] can’t cause 30% of today’s atmospheric carbon dioxide – Misleading
- Has Democrat Joe Biden promised to outlaw gas cars if elected U.S. president? – False
Overall, we rate Issues & Insights Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that favor a libertarian/conservative perspective. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional reliance on poor sources as well as two failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 8/12/2020)
Last Updated on October 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am