These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Indianapolis Star Least Biased based on slightly conservative editorials and liberal leaning opinion pieces that strike a balance. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
The Indianapolis Star is a morning daily broadsheet newspaper that began publishing on June 6, 1903. It has won the Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting twice, in 1975 and 1991. The current editor is Ronnie Ramos.
Funded by / Ownership
The Indianapolis Star is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger the companies retained the Gannett name. The newspaper is funded through advertising and paid subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Indianapolis Star covers local news through journalists with minimal bias in reporting such as this, Indiana coronavirus updates: State reports 7 new deaths, 251 more cases. National and international news comes from other Gatehouse/Gannett publications and the Associated Press. In general, news reporting is low biased and factual.
Editorially, the Indianapolis Star has long been known as a conservative paper, however since 2012 they have not endorsed Presidential Candidates. A thorough review of editorials and opinion pieces reveal a mostly balanced left-right selection with a few more opinion pieces favoring the left.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate the Indianapolis Star Least Biased based on slightly conservative editorials and liberal leaning opinion pieces that strike a balance. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 7/29/2016) Updated (3/28/2020)
Last Updated on April 22, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm