These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate i24 News Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorial bias. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a few failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
i24NEWS is an Israeli international 24-hour news and current affairs television channel and website located in Jaffa Port, Tel Aviv, Israel. It broadcasts in French, English, and Arabic.
The network began broadcasting in the US on 13 February 2017.
Funded by / Ownership
i24 News is owned by Patrick Drahi, and the CEO is Frank Melloul. Revenue is derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the i24 News website presents original news reporting with minimally loaded wording such as this: Microsoft: Iranian hackers targeted a US presidential campaign. i24 News also publishes news from the AFP, rated least biased. Editorially, they cover both sides of the Palestinian-Israeli conflict and cover USA news with impartiality. When reporting on former right-wing Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, there is a slightly negative tone such as this: Netanyahu considers party primary to shore up leadership, shifts blame from Lapid to Gantz.
Generally, news reporting is factual, properly sourced, and contains pro-Israeli bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- A video shows Israel’s recent air strikes in Syria. – Misleading
- Algeria invites Israel to participate in the Mediterranean Games in Oran 2022. – False
- IDF accuses Palestinian women of attempting to stab an IDF fighter and share an image of the weapon. – Misleading
- Hamas leaders have reached an agreement with Cairo to complete the exchange of prisoners deal with Israel. – False
Overall, we rate i24 News Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimal editorial bias. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to a few failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 3/1/2017) Updated (12/27/2022)
Last Updated on May 26, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.