Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, Henry Makow promotes pure tin foil hat conspiracies with a healthy dosage of hate against women, LGBTQ, and Jews. The website lacks credibility on every level.
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT CONSPIRACY
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: Canada (14/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2001, Henry Makow is a men’s rights activist and conspiracy theorist. Savethemales.ca is the website for Makow delivering news articles and opinions. The website is based in Canada.
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not clearly disclose ownership, but it is assumed to be owned by Henry Makow. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
Savethemales.ca’s primary purpose is to expose Makow’s perceived evils of feminism and the New World Order. Henry Makow also has a strong anti-Jewish sentiment as he had a human rights complaint filed against him by the Canadian Jewish Congress when he described Jews as “cancer.” Henry Makow is also a 9/11 truther and firmly believes the Illuminati controls the world. In 2021, the website frequently publishes misinformation about Coronavirus and vaccines such as this #Scamdemic – Are We Headed for Recovery or Dystopia? In general, Henry Makow and his website savethemales.ca is an anti-semitic right-wing conspiracy website that frequently promotes misinformation on a range of topics.
Failed Fact Checks
- News stories about a mass shooting at a Florida high school were timestamped days earlier than 14 February 2018, which prove that the mass shooting was actually a “false flag” hoax. – False
Overall, Henry Makow promotes pure tin foil hat conspiracies with a healthy dosage of hate against women, LGBTQ, and Jews. The website lacks credibility on every level. (D. Van Zandt 8/22/2017) Updated (8/17/2021)
Last Updated on August 17, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NaturalPediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 30, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am