These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate HealthWay Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately align with the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record, but infrequently promoting pseudoscience.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
According to their about page: “HealthyWay is an open discussion about health, fitness, well-being, and sustainability. We are committed to creating content that inspires you, produces depth, and gives perspectives that don’t exist elsewhere. HealthyWay journalists are impassioned writers and editors contributing to the ongoing conversation about self-improvement, mental well-being, and bettering the environment.”
Funded by / Ownership
Based in St. Louis, Missouri, Multiply Media LLC owns and publishes HealthyWay. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, HealthyWay publishes news regarding health, fitness, nutrition, and environmental sustainability. There is minimal use of loaded language, and all information is usually supported with proper sourcing to credible media or Pro-Science websites. Politically, HealthyWay has a left-leaning bias as they support policy to combat climate change and generally favor environmental protection. On all other science matters, HealthyWays recognizes the consensus of science such as vaccine safety.
However, we have found instances where they lightly promote pseudoscience, claiming that Essential Oils can be effective for Asthma Your Guide To Natural Antihistamines: What To Know When Allergy Symptoms Arrive. There is no evidence to support essential oils in the treatment of Asthma, but there is evidence it can trigger an asthma attack. In general, HealthyWay is fact-based and holds a left-leaning editorial bias; however, they sometimes promote pseudoscience reducing their credibility.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate HealthWay Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately align with the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record, but infrequently promoting pseudoscience. (D. Van Zandt 5/16/2018) Updated (01/31/2022)
Last Updated on January 31, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am