These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Geek.com Least Biased based on minimal reporting of politics and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1996, Geek.com is a technology news weblog about hardware, mobile computing, technology, movies, TV, video games, comic books, and all manner of geek culture subjects. According to their about page “Geek culture may be dominating pop culture, but no matter how many supercomputers everyday folks shove in their pockets while spending a billion dollars on comic book movies, the mainstream can never replace geekdom’s wonderfully weird heart.”
The current editor-in-chief is Dan Costa.
Funded by / Ownership
Geek.com was run independently until 2007 when it was sold to Name Media, after which it was sold to Geeknet, and then finally to its current owner, Ziff Davis. Revenue is derived from advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Geek.com almost exclusively covers news related to technology, science and entertainment. These articles are typically low biased and informative such as this: This Robot Groundskeeper Is Equal Parts Lawnmower and Snow Blower. Science related stories are usually well sourced such as this one, which is sourced to the New York Times and AFP.
Geek.com rarely reports on political issues, however when they do it related to their genre such, as this: Federal Court Rules Trump Can’t Block Haters on Twitter. This story is sourced to Columbia University and the Associated Press. In general, this a low biased source that reports factually.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Geek.com Least Biased based on minimal reporting of politics and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/7/2019)
Last Updated on April 7, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am