A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate Evil.News Questionable based on Extreme Right-Wing Bias, promotion of conspiracies, pseudoscience and propaganda, as well as use of poor sources who routinely fail fact checks and a complete lack of ownership transparency.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Conspiracy, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Poor Sourcing, Lack of Transparency, Fake News
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Like most Questionable sources, Evil.News does not have an about page. Whois lists the domain as being purchased in 2015 and all other information is redacted for privacy. News posts on this blog link to either JD Heyes, Mike Adams, or Ethan Huff, and none of them have biographical information listed on the website. A Google search shows that JD Heyers is the Sr. Correspondent with the Conspiracy/Pseudoscience website News Target. Mike Adams is the founder and owner of Natural News, which promotes right-wing conspiracies and quackery level pseudoscience. To learn more about Mike Adams check out this article: Mike Adams Is Building an Alternate Reality Online.
Funded by / Ownership
Evil.News does not disclose ownership or funding, however, it is assumed to be a part of the Natural News Network. Revenue appears to be derived from online advertising as well as links to the Natural News Store that sells supplements and alternative health products.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Evil.News does not state a mission or theme for this website, but it generally follows the Natural News genre of extreme-right propaganda and promotion of pseudoscience and conspiracy theories.
Evil.News frequently utilizes very strong loaded headlines that always favor the right such as this: Of course: Muslim officials working on behalf of United Nations block Christians from receiving aid. The primary source for this story is the Questionable Clarion Project, which has been labeled a hate group. Another example of the extreme right use of loaded emotional language is this: Barack Obama committed treason against America by approving “Spygate” — is he now the focus of investigations?. This story is again poorly sourced to the Conspiracy website News Target.
Evil.News also features a search bar, which leads to the Good Gopher search engine, which displays results exclusively from the conspiracy, pseudoscience, and highly questionable sources. A search of climate change using Good Gopher directs to News Target with multiple denial articles, such as this: “Climate change” hoax starting to crumble as scientists admit doom projections were totally wrong.
Overall, we rate Evil.News Questionable based on Extreme Right-Wing Bias, promotion of conspiracies, pseudoscience, and propaganda, as well as use of poor sources who routinely fail fact checks and a complete lack of ownership transparency. (D. Van Zandt 1/07/2020)
Last Updated on October 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finland will apply for NATO membership, president says, in historic move for traditionally neutral countryby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:56 am
- Gov. Hochul demands responsibility from social media companies after Buffalo shooting was live-streamedby newsfactsnetwork on May 15, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/15/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Buffalo supermarket shooting suspect posted an apparent manifesto repeatedly citing ‘Great Replacement’ theoryby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 9:43 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Rodong Sinmunby Media Bias Fact Check on May 15, 2022 at 7:26 am