Sources in the Conspiracy-Pseudoscience category may publish unverifiable information that is not always supported by evidence. These sources may be untrustworthy for credible/verifiable information; therefore, fact-checking and further investigation is recommended on a per article basis when obtaining information from these sources. See all Conspiracy-Pseudoscience sources.
- Overall, we rate Electroverse a quackery level Pseudoscience source based on the promotion of misinformation regarding climate change that does not align with the consensus of science.
Bias Rating: CONSPIRACY- PSEUDOSCIENCE
Factual Reporting: LOW
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2018, Electroverse is a news and opinion website that promotes human-influenced climate change denial. The website completely lacks transparency as there is not an about page, the contact page does not provide the location, the only author named is Cap Allon, who does not provide a biography, and ownership is not disclosed.
According to their Patreon Page, “Electroverse has been set up to wade against the mainstream propaganda and accurately document Earth Changes as two world-altering climatic events unfold simultaneously.”
Funded by / Ownership
Electroverse does not disclose ownership; however, it is assumed to be owned by Cap Allon. A search for Cap Allon does not verify if this is a real name. Revenue is derived through a donation to a Patreon account.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Electroverse offers the tagline “DOCUMENTING EARTH CHANGES DURING THE NEXT GSM AND POLE SHIFT.” All stories published are from the same person named Cap Allon, in which we do not know his credentials as it relates to climate science. The premise of the website is that humans do not influence climate change.
The author uses fallacious (strawman) arguments such as frequently pointing out regional cold spells as a way to refute global warming such as this JUST COUNT THE COLD-RECORDS THAT FELL OVER THE PAST 24HRS. Regional cold snaps have nothing to do with global warming. The website also promotes the Solar Minimum as a cause for the upcoming cooler weather in the late 2020s, which has merit, but does not negate global warming GRAND SOLAR MINIMUM AND THE SWING BETWEEN EXTREMES. Another fallacy (cherry-picking) deployed by this website is to quote scientists from 50 years ago to prove they were wrong about their predictions. This is a poor argument as science evolves and changes with new information. What we know today is far more accurate than what we knew in 1972: NASA (EARLY 1970S): “CO2 WOULD HAVE TO INCREASE 10 TIMES TO ACHIEVE A 2.5-DEGREE RISE IN TEMPERATURE”. Please see NASA for current information on climate change. In general, Electroverse publishes misinformation regarding climate change that does not align with the consensus of science.
Failed Fact Checks
- Historical data of temperature in the U.S. destroys global warming myth – Flawed Reasoning
- The IPCC is wrong − the sun, not CO2, drove modern global warming – Incorrect
- Based on the increase of solar activity during the twentieth century, it should account for between half to two-thirds of all climate change – Incorrect
Overall, we rate Electroverse a quackery level Pseudoscience source based on the promotion of misinformation regarding climate change that does not align with the consensus of science. (9/12/2020) Updated (10/30/2021)
Last Updated on October 30, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm