Established in 2009, the Dorset Echo is a British tabloid based in Dorset, England. The Dorset Echo is the sister paper to the Daily Echo. The paper mainly focuses on topics such as news and politics, lifestyle and culture, and local events and news related to Dorset.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
The Dorset Echo covers local news for Dorset and Weymouth through reporters with minimal bias, such as this Weymouth Town Bridge to close for weld repairs. The paper also publishes tabloid-style sensational news like this “Will EastEnders, Coronation Street and Emmerdale be on after the Queens death?” Regarding sourcing, they rely on first-person accounts and large quotes, which is appropriate for a print publication.
National and international news such as “Ukraine ‘pushes Russia back to border’ after retaking ‘village after village’’ is usually republished through reliable sources such as PA Media (national news agency for the UK and Ireland) and The Sunday Times.
Editorially, they do not produce op-eds, but when reporting on politics, they maintain a neutral stance such as this “Boris Johnson’s pledges as PM and how they impacted Dorset.” Generally, the Dorset Echo is fact-based and presents a minimal bias in reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Dorset Echo least biased based on minimal editorializing of content. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to the use of credible sources and a clean fact-check record. (M. Huitsing (09/13/2022)
Last Updated on September 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am