Last updated on April 9th, 2021 at 03:36 pm
These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the Daily Express Right Biased based on editorial content and Mixed for factual reporting due to publishing conspiracies & pseudoscience, and a few failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Funded by / Ownership
The Daily Express is owned by Reach plc (formerly known as Trinity Mirror), a British newspaper, magazine, and digital publisher. Subscriptions, newsstand sales, and advertising generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Daily Express is a British right-wing tabloid newspaper that routinely utilizes sensational headlines such as this: NATO TERRIFIED: Trump may ‘seriously undermine’ alliance in Putin meeting – world on ALERT. Articles are typically written by journalists or correspondents and are reasonably sourced to credible information. However, like many tabloids, the Daily Express also publishes conspiracy and pseudoscience articles such as these: ‘Portal OPENS’ above New Jersey with some fearing it’s a sign of PLANET X and Could this strange corpse be the world’s first proof aliens have visited Earth?
The paper’s editorial stances have often been seen as aligned to the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Euroscepticism, and many other right-wing factions, including the Conservative Party’s right-wing.
Failed Fact Checks
- Germany has sent a bill to China for “coronavirus damages.” – False
- A poll shows that 80% of British people want to quit the EU. – False
- Coronavirus genetically engineered for “efficient spreading in the human population,” a bombshell new study has claimed. – False
- “Coronavirus horror: Volunteer in Oxford University’s COVID-19 vaccine trial DIES” – False
Overall, we rate the Daily Express Right Biased based on editorial content and Mixed for factual reporting due to publishing conspiracies & pseudoscience, and a few failed fact checks. (7/19/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 03/16/2021)