- Overall, we rate Corona Transition right biased and questionable based on promoting pseudoscience and misinformation regarding the Coronavirus.
Questionable Reasoning: Pseudoscience, Misinformation, False Claims
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rank: EXCELLENT
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2020, Corona Transition is a Swiss website that promotes alternative health and coronavirus misinformation. According to their about page, “Corona Transition draws
attention to information about the corona crisis that is publicly available but has hardly been taken into account or ignored by decision-makers.” The editor is listed as Christoph Pfluger, a journalist who claims to have studied a “few semesters in Medicine.”
Funded by / Ownership
Corona Transition is owned and published by Corona-Reset. This organization aims to “promote information on the corona crisis and reform the economic life and the health care system through financial donations and networking.” Revenue is derived through donations to Corona-Reset.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Corona Transition is a Covid-19 misinformation website that promotes vaccines’ dangers or ineffectiveness, lockdowns, and masks. Essentially, they are opposed to all of the measures that have been proven scientifically to be beneficial in slowing the spread of coronavirus. For example, in these articles, they imply that the Covid-19 vaccine is dangerous The European Medicines Agency (EMA) rejected Pfizer vaccine batches but granted approval anyway, and The Australian Minister of Health had to go to hospital after being vaccinated with Astra-Zeneca vaccine, and here The scandal now has a certain number: mRNA vaccinations are 40 times more dangerous than flu vaccinations. In this article, A healthy society cares for the sick. A sick society punishes the healthy they equate mask-wearing to bondage. In general, the position of Corona Transition is that nothing should be done about Covid-19.
Although there is factual content on this website, there is also false information such as this Face masks: ideal breeding grounds for bacteria and fungi. While it is evident that a mask would contain bacteria as it covers the mouth and nose, there is no evidence that this causes an increase in illnesses. This article goes on to claim, “Conclusion: wearing a mask is unsuitable and hazardous to health.” While not true, it also is dangerous as wearing a mask is a critical aspect of reducing transmission of Covid-19. In general, Corona Transition holds right-leaning viewpoints and often promotes misinformation.
Failed Fact Checks
- The website has not been directly fact-checked; however, we point out examples of false claims.
Overall, we rate Corona Transition right biased and questionable based on promoting pseudoscience and misinformation regarding the Coronavirus. (D. Van Zandt 3/11/2021)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am