These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the California Globe Right-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources and failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2017, the California Globe is an independent news website dedicated to the California government and politics. According to their about page, “California Globe is an independent, professional news website obsessively chronicling everything political throughout the state of California.” The current editor is Katy Grimes, and the general manager is Kevin Sanders.
Funded by / Ownership
The California Globe does not disclose ownership, and Whois indicates the domain is registered privately. Advertising funds the website. However, they do offer businesses an advertise with us package as well.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the California Globe covers government and politics throughout the state of California. News is broken into 5 categories: Governor, Legislature, Local, National, and Hollywood. The local link further breaks the news down by individual counties in California. News headlines typically are not sensational and use minimally loaded language such as this: Comparing California Government To Those Of Other States. However, there are occasional articles with moderately loaded language, such as Dam Sexism And Racism. News stories are properly sourced to credible media outlets such as the Sacramento Bee and the San Jose Mercury News. Story selection tends to favor the right by featuring right-leaning writers such as Republican Senator John Moorlach and Evan Gahr, a columnist for the right-leaning Daily Caller and press critic for New York Post.
In general, the California Globe demonstrates a right-leaning editorial bias and does not always source information properly. For example, on 7/28/2020, they sourced and supported Americas’ Frontline Doctors’ claims, which are demonstrably false.
Failed Fact Checks
- California Senate Bill 145 would shield pedophiles who rape children from having to register as sex offenders. – Mostly False
- New CDC Study Finds Majority of Those Infected with COVID-19 ‘Always’ Wore Masks – Unsupported
- US health authorities have stopped using RT-PCR tests to detect COVID-19 as they are inaccurate. – False
Overall, we rate the California Globe Right-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the right and Mixed for factual reporting due to the occasional use of poor sources and failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 2/16/2019) Updated (05/13/2022)
Last Updated on May 13, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Science.Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 am