These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Bay Area Reporter is a free weekly newspaper serving the LGBT communities in the San Francisco Bay Area; it is one of the largest circulation LGBT newspapers by circulation in the United States and the country’s oldest continuously published newspaper of its kind. Well written and well sourced. Has a liberal political bias in story selection.
Latest from the Bay Area Reporter
- Advisory panel eyes naming SFO’s Terminal 1 & access road for Harvey Milk April 20, 2017 8:33 pm
- Mandelman pulls papers for D8 supe race April 20, 2017 8:30 pm
- SF Pride to highlight immigration, civil rights April 19, 2017 9:45 pm
- Man attacked, robbed in Duboce Triangle April 19, 2017 8:58 pm
- Armenian genocide film benefiting Elton John AIDS Foundation debuts April 19, 2017 8:27 pm
- Process to name a Harvey Milk SFO airport terminal begins Thursday April 17, 2017 9:21 pm
- EQCA early endorses gay Senator Lara’s 2018 bid for CA statewide post April 17, 2017 7:19 pm
- Dan Bernal appointed to SF Health Commission April 15, 2017 1:23 am
- Scandinavian eatery headed to northern edge of Castro district April 14, 2017 12:51 am
- Man pepper sprayed, hit with bat; another robbed at gunpoint in Duboce Triangle incidents April 12, 2017 7:33 pm