These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Battlefords News-Optimist Least Biased and High for factual reporting.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: Canada 16/180
The Battlefords News-Optimist newspaper was founded more than a century ago in Battleford, Saskatchewan, Canada. It is printed twice weekly.
Read our profile on Canadian government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
The newspaper and website is owned by Glacier Media, which owns several small town newspapers throughout Canada. The newspaper is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
The Battlefords News-Optimist publishes local news through the use of journalists with minimal bias in reporting. National and International news is republished through the Associated Press. All information is properly sourced throughout. Editorially, there is a balance between left and right views with very few extremes presented.
Overall, we rate the Battlefords News-Optimist Least Biased and High for factual reporting. (D. Van Zandt 6/16/2018) Updated (12/16/2019)
Last Updated on May 19, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am