These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate ATTN: Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
ATTN is a political and social site geared towards millennials, although not exclusively so. Founded in 2014 by Matthew Segal, a political activist, and commentator who writes for the Huffington Post and is also a frequent commentator on MSNBC. According to their about page, they “create solutions-oriented narratives around the world’s biggest issues – sustainability, education, health, civic engagement, civil rights and more – to move social-first audiences to create positive change.”
Funded by / Ownership
ATTN, inc owns the company. Revenue is derived from video and content production.
Analysis / Bias
While Mr. Segal’s politics are left-leaning, the content of ATTN is factual and well-sourced. The political tone of the articles is mixed, running from Left Bias to Least Biased. While this reflects the individual author’s opinions more than any specific editorial stance, this slight lack of focus on overall content prevented ATTN from receiving a Least Biased rating. Additionally, ATTN occasionally cites itself in its other articles, which I find a bit self-serving when any news site does it. Even if the content cited is factual. While again, this may reflect the individual author’s rather than editorial intent, it’s easy enough to use external sources instead. That said, the quality of the content on the site is very high, and except for a slight caveat on the bias and self-sourcing, I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend ATTN to anyone looking for a solid news source.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate ATTN: Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Kelley 2/28/2017) Updated (2/12/2021)
Last Updated on March 15, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Frontier Foundationby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am