These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Anthony Albanese is currently the Prime Minister of Australia. He is a member of the left-leaning Labor Party. We assign Anthony Albanese a Left-Center Bias and Mostly factual rating due to a reasonable fact check record.
About Anthony Albanese
- Member of the Australian Parliament for Grayndler (1996)
- Parliamentary Secretary (1998)
- Minister for Regional Development and Local Government (2007 – 2010)
- Leader of the House (2007 – 2013)
- Deputy Leader of the Labor Party (2013)
- 15th Deputy Prime Minister of Australia (2013)
- Leader of the Labor Party (2019)
- Prime Minister of Australia (05/23/2022)
Anthony Albanese is a member and leader of the Labor Party. The Labor Party is considered Center-Left in Australia, holding progressive views. PM Albanese supports progressive social issues such as abortion rights and LGBTQ rights. He also advocates for pro-environmental policies and voices concern for climate change which he made central to his campaign. Finally, Anthony Albanese and the Labor Party support workers’ rights to fair pay and universal healthcare.
Recent Failed Fact Checks
- Scott Morrison did not propose that asylum seeker boats should be turned back during the lead-up to the 2013 election. – False
- “It costs 34 per cent more to see your doctor today than it did when the Liberals came to power.” – Misleading
- “In just seven years, the Liberals have gutted the Audit Office by 20%.” – Overstated
(D. Van Zandt 05/24/2022)
Last Updated on May 12, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check