These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Ad Fontes Media left-leaning, but least biased in sum due to methodology and High for factual reporting.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2014, Ad Fontes Media, formerly known as All Generalizations are False, is the blog of Patent Attorney Vanessa Otero. This blog is well known for its media bias chart that rates different media sources from right to left and on credibility.
Funded by / Ownership
According to their about page, Ad Fontes Media, which is a company founded by Vanessa Otero. Ad Fontes is currently “funded solely by its founder, by sales of licenses and prints, and by donations through their site by individuals who believe in its mission.”
Analysis / Bias
First and foremost, we did not want to review this blog or the chart as we consider this a friend or competitor depending on how you view it. We prefer friends, just as we view Allsides. All of us have the same mission, which is to inform on the bias of media sources. However, we have had so many requests we felt we should weigh in for what it is worth. We really do not have any problem with this chart and feel it is mostly accurate.
When rating bias, the bias of the reviewer will always shine through. In this case, the chart is created by a single person who has their own personal biases. Vanessa Otero states on her FAQ page that “I consider myself to be moderately liberal.” But, again, that is just fine as long as it is backed up with a reasonable methodology, as the Media Bias Chart is.
In a review of the chart, I personally feel some sources should be moved left. For example, CNN is listed in the middle and The Hill to the right of the center. Our analysis show CNN should be left. Other than that, this chart looks reasonable and fair. It is within the ballpark of how Media Bias Fact Check rates their sources. In other words, the sources on the right belong on the right, and the ones on the left belong on the left. For what it is worth, we think this is a decent chart that should be shared. We endorse it.
Overall, we rate Ad Fontes Media left-leaning, but least biased in sum due to methodology and High for factual reporting. (D. Van Zandt 8/16/2018) Updated (12/26/2021)
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am