These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate AceShowbiz (ASB) Left-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and a lack of transparency with ownership and authors.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2005, AceShowbiz (ASB) is an online entertainment magazine covering topics ranging from celebrity gossip, interviews, news pertaining to TV, movies, music, and lifestyle. The co-founder/publisher is Denny Lee, and the co-founder/editor is Anita Yang.
The website lacks transparency as they do not clearly indicate ownership or location. For example, Denny Lee’s profile states that AceShowbiz is from Hong Kong; however, at the bottom of all pages on the website, it indicates they are a part of the Kanal247.com & WowKeren.com networks, which originates from Indonesia. Further, they do not publish author names or bios.
Funded by / Ownership
AceShowbiz (ASB) does not openly disclose ownership; however, it is presumed to be owned and published by Denny Lee and Anita Yang. Revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
AceShowbiz (ASB) typically publishes articles with short text and big colorful pictures. They often publish sensational stories with emotionally loaded language such as “Lil Wayne’s Daughter Reginae Carter Almost Got Into Trouble With Her Mom For Posing In Lingerie” and “The ‘Cravings’ Author Is ‘Bummed And Hit Hard.'” When it comes to sourcing AceShowbiz (ASB) hyperlinks to themselves or utilizing sources such as New York Post’s gossip column Page Six, and when reporting news, they most often use large quotes from CBS, MSNBC, and CNN.
When covering political news such as President Trump, AceShowbiz (ASB) uses strong emotionally loaded language and sources through quotes “This Is Not The First Time For Trump To Patronize CBS’ Weijia Jiang As During A COVID-19 News Conference As Last Month, POTUS Told Her To ‘Relax’ And ‘Keep Your Voice Down.” Under the Interview section, we couldn’t find any interviews. In general, AceShowbiz demonstrates a left-leaning bias through story selection and sometimes does not source properly or name authors.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years.
Overall, we rate AceShowbiz (ASB) Left-Center Biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and a lack of transparency with ownership and authors. (M. Huitsing 5/13/2020) Updated (01/05/2022)
Last Updated on January 5, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: American People Dailyby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 3, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black America Webby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 07/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WFMZby Media Bias/Fact Check on July 1, 2022 at 8:00 am