These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate 24ur.com Least Biased based on neutral story selection. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Press Freedom Rating: MODERATE FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1998, 24ur.com is a news website from Slovenia that focuses on national and international news, politics, sports, business, and entertainment. 24ur.com is the online web portal of POP TV. Multimedia company Pro Plus operates both POP TV and KANAL A. Pro Plus is a subsidiary of Bermuda-based Central European Media Enterprises (CME), owned by PPF Group N.V., a Czech investment group based in the Netherlands. PPF is owned by the Czech billionaire businessman Petr Kellner. The General Director of PRO PLUS is Pavel Vrabec.
Funded by / Ownership
24ur.com’s parent company is CME, and although it is based in Bermuda, CME’s majority owner was AT&T Inc (T.N) until October 2019, when Czech firm PPF acquired CME for $2.1 billion. For CME Inc.’s annual financial statements, see here. 24ur.com’s revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In 2022 Reporters Without Borders ranked Slovenia 54/180 in their Press Freedom Index. The current prime minister of Slovenia is Janez Janša; he is also the nationalist, right-wing populist Slovenian Democratic Party (SDP) leader. Janez Janša is known to use social media to attack critics such as Slovenian public broadcaster Radiotelevizija Slovenija (RTVS) and call critical journalists “Presstitutes.”
In review, 24ur.com predominantly delivers infotainment content such as heavily image-focused news articles. The headlines are catchy with a primarily neutral tone when covering national news, such as “What do Slovenes, Croats, and Serbs expect after the corona crisis?” and “Melania Trump is celebrating her 50th birthday: from Sevnica to the White House”. They also use minimally loaded language such as this: “Janez Janša will be the Slovenian Prime Minister for the third time: 52 deputies voted in favor” and Twitter dispute between Janša and Šarc: ‘If they don’t believe me, they will at least be a medium in the service of the truth.’ When it comes to sourcing, they rarely use hyperlinks but offer quotations. When covering world news about the USA, they cover the Trump administration with a neutral tone such as this Trump denies involvement in an attempted coup in Venezuela.
Editorially, 24ur.com does not present opinion pieces; however, they generally present news with balance when reporting on politics. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate 24ur.com Least Biased based on neutral story selection. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting rather than High due to a lack of hyperlinked sourcing. (M. Huitsing 5/9/2020) Updated (05/11/2022)
Last Updated on May 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am