Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Greta Thunberg tweeted that climate change would wipe out humanity by June 2023.
FactCheck.org rating: False (A Harvard University professor warned in 2018 that steps were needed over the next five years to reduce carbon pollution to preserve Arctic ice. Climate activist Greta Thunberg then shared a tweet that misquoted the professor. But recent social media posts have distorted Thunberg’s tweet to falsely claim she predicted human extinction by 2023.)
|Claim via Social Media: lab grown meat is made grown using pre cancer cancerous cells.
Lead Stories rating: False (Safe To Eat and not made of cancer cells.)
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: President Joe Biden “literally just admitted ON CAMERA that he sold state secrets.”
FactCheck.org rating: False (Out of Context as he made a joke.)
|TRUE||Claim: Gas stoves produce hazardous emissions.
KHOU rating: True (Gas stoves produce hazardous emissions.)
|Claim via Social Media: NASA space rockets can’t reach space.
PolitiFact rating: Pants on Fire (there are decades of evidence to suggest otherwise.)
|FALSE||(International: Philippines): During the administrations of former presidents Manuel L. Quezon and Ferdinand E. Marcos, refugees were sent to a remote island far from the Philippine mainland.
Rappler rating: False
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Liberal group in Michigan sues to keep Trump off ballot, citing 14th Amendmentby newsfactsnetwork on September 30, 2023 at 11:17 am
- MBFC’s Weekly Media Literacy Quiz Covering the Week of Sep 24th – Sep 30thby Media Bias Fact Check on September 30, 2023 at 7:30 am
- Trump ally Scott Hall agrees to plea deal in Georgia elections caseby newsfactsnetwork on September 30, 2023 at 7:10 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on September 30, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Republic Reportby Media Bias Fact Check on September 30, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Republican Says Biden Impeachment Inquiry Belongs on ‘Back Burner’by newsfactsnetwork on September 30, 2023 at 2:17 am
- Trump is on the witness list for $250 million civil fraud trial starting next weekby newsfactsnetwork on September 30, 2023 at 1:16 am
- FBI arrests Proud Boy who went missing ahead of his Jan. 6 riot sentencingby newsfactsnetwork on September 30, 2023 at 12:16 am