Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim via Social Media: Three North Carolina healthcare systems are diagnosing toddlers with gender dysphoria and “transitioning” them.
AP News rating: False (Dangerous disinformation from crackpots.)
North Carolina hospitals: We are not ‘transitioning’ toddlers
|Claim by Gavin Newsom (D): Texas Gov. Greg Abbott “cut $211 million in mental health funding.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (In April 2022, Abbott wrote a letter telling six agencies it was taking money from their budgets and putting it toward the state’s border operations. That included taking $210.7 million from the Health and Human Services Commission, which provides mental health services. News reports showed that state officials used federal COVID-19 dollars through the federal CARES Act to replace those state funds.)
Gavin Newsom misleads in claim that Texas “cut” mental health funds, omits that money was restocked
|Claim via Social Media: The U.S. will have an ‘open border’ when Title 42 ends.
KREM rating: False (The U.S. will not have an ‘open border’ when Title 42 ends.)
Title 42 end doesn’t open U.S. border. Here’s what changes | krem.com
|Claim by Marc Short (R): “This year, there have been 13,000 deaths by gun violence. The vast majority, 95% of them, are in inner cities, where you have some of the strictest gun control laws in the country.”
Politifact rating: Mostly False (Looking only at gun homicides, urban centers do account for a disproportionate share of gun deaths. However, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data suggests that the percentage is 45%, and a paper by a gun-friendly researcher cited by Short’s office put it at 73%. Strict gun control laws in cities are largely rendered moot when they are located in a state with more permissive gun laws, or else in close proximity to states with looser gun laws.)
|Claim via Social Media: Old photos surface showing Trump with teen girls and Epstein.
Lead Stories rating: False (AI generated)
Fact Check: Trump, Epstein Photos With ‘Underage’ Women NOT Authentic — They’re AI Generated
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): BBC ‘admits’ Covid vaccines caused excess deaths in 2022
AFP Fact Check rating: False (BBC did not report this and excess deaths were caused by Covid-19 and not vaccines.)
BBC report did not say Covid jabs were to blame for UK excess deaths
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Senate averts default, sends debt bill to Biden’s deskby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:38 am
- Louisiana ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill for public school classrooms advances in the legislatureby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:31 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Houndsby Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Teen birthrates hit another record low as progress starts to slowby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 3:26 am
- Taiwan, U.S. to sign first deal under new trade frameworkby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 1:58 pm
- Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadlineby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 7:24 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/11/2023"