Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Chick-fil-A “donates another $1.8 million to anti-LGBTQ groups,” backtracking on its promise not to.
Politifact rating: False (The donations to the Salvation Army and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes amounting to $1.8 million were made in 2018, a year before the company said it would no longer donate to the organizations.)
Documents show Chick-fil-A did not backtrack on donation recipients
|Claim via Social Media: A bill in the Florida legislature would impose the death penalty for admitting children to drag shows.
Lead Stories rating: False (Under the bill Taking children to a drag show would be a misdemeanor.)
Fact Check: Florida Legislation Would NOT Impose Death Penalty For Admitting Children To Drag Shows
|FALSE||Claim via Social Media: Brain aneurysms are a “serious and common COVID-19 mRNA vaccine injury in young people.”
Politifact rating: False (There is no evidence that the COVID-19 mRNA vaccines cause brain aneurysms.)
No, brain aneurysms are not a ‘common’ side effect of COVID-19 mRNA vaccines
|Claim by Viral Image: Twitter Blue subscribers are protected in Twitter’s ‘Hateful Conduct’ page
Check Your Fact rating: False (The image is digitally fabricated. Twitter’s genuine Hateful Conduct page does not mention Twitter Blue subscribers.)
FACT CHECK: Does Twitter Consider It ‘Hateful Conduct’ To Attack Twitter Blue Subscribers?
|Claim via Social Media: “Healthy pilots are suffering from myocarditis and dropping dead on flights” because of the COVID-19 vaccines.
Politifact rating: False (The Federal Aviation Administration and the International Air Transport Association say they have seen no credible evidence to support claims there has been an increase in pilot deaths or incapacitations due to vaccines.)
No evidence of pilots dying on flights from COVID-19 vaccine effects
|FALSE||(International: Pakistan): Claim by Syed Zaid Zaman Hamid: “In Sudan, it is not just a civil war between two Generals…. It is a proxy war between America and Russia…”
POLYGRAPH.info rating: False
Conspiracy Theorists Falsely Call Sudan Conflict a Russia-U.S. Proxy War
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Senate averts default, sends debt bill to Biden’s deskby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:38 am
- Louisiana ‘Don’t Say Gay’ bill for public school classrooms advances in the legislatureby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 7:31 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/02/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: News Houndsby Media Bias Fact Check on June 2, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Teen birthrates hit another record low as progress starts to slowby newsfactsnetwork on June 2, 2023 at 3:26 am
- Taiwan, U.S. to sign first deal under new trade frameworkby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 1:58 pm
- Debt ceiling bill passes in the House, advances to the Senate days ahead of default deadlineby newsfactsnetwork on June 1, 2023 at 7:24 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/01/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 1, 2023 at 6:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/02/2023"