Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Chuck Schumer (D): Sullivan County “has the highest opioid death rate in all of New York state” yet “it’s the only county in the Hudson Valley not included in the federal High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area” program.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (Sullivan County experienced the highest rate of opioid related deaths in New York state in 2018 and 2019, and in preliminary data for 2022. Despite this, the federal government does not consider Sullivan County a High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, even though other New York counties are designated as such.)
Fact-checking Chuck Schumer on Sullivan County, drug trafficking
|Claim via Social Media: A mugshot of Donald Trump was taken at his arraignment.
KTVB rating: False (Online mugshots of Trump are edited or AI-generated.)
Fake Trump mugshots circulate after New York arraignment | ktvb.com
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (D): The search of Mar-a-Lago was an “illegal and unconstitutional raid.”
PolitiFact rating: False (The law was followed in securing the search warrant used at Mar-a-Lago: The FBI warrant was signed by a U.S. magistrate judge.)
|Claim via Social Media: George Floyd made an offensive comment about trans people on Twitter in 2011.
Snopes rating: False (It is a fake tweet to denigrate George Floyd.)
No, George Floyd Didn’t Denigrate Trans People in a 2011 Tweet
|Claim by Laura Ingraham: Video clip shows that protesters in Tennessee “made their way onto the state capitol floor.”
Politifact rating: False (The video doesn’t show unauthorized protesters on the House floor. It shows three Democratic legislators who took over the lectern and led chants echoed by protesters who had gathered in the viewing galleries, which were open to the public.)
Protesters against gun violence didn’t make their way onto the Tennessee House floor
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): The World Health Organisation and National Institutes of Health are using the tetanus jab to make people sterile.
Full Fact rating: False (This is a claim that has previously been disproven and appears to derive from rumours surrounding trials in the 1990s of a combined tetanus and contraceptive vaccine that was not intended to sterilise women forever. The WHO has previously led research into fertility regulating vaccines but these are explicitly not designed to be permanent, and were meant to offer alternatives to already existing contraceptive methods.)
Tetanus jabs are not being used to sterilise people – Full Fact
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Niskanen Centerby Media Bias Fact Check on June 6, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Israel’s Netanyahu appoints new media advisor, journalist who had called Biden ‘unfit,’ report saysby newsfactsnetwork on June 5, 2023 at 1:08 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/05/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on June 5, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Newsdayby Media Bias Fact Check on June 5, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Texas bans gender-affirming care for minors after Gov. Abbott signs billby newsfactsnetwork on June 5, 2023 at 2:16 am
- Federal judge rejects Tennessee drag show ban as unconstitutionalby newsfactsnetwork on June 4, 2023 at 6:21 pm
- DeSantis hits Trump from the right while the ex-president looks ahead to the general electionby newsfactsnetwork on June 4, 2023 at 3:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/04/2023 (Weekend Edition)by Media Bias Fact Check on June 4, 2023 at 6:00 am
Be the first to comment on "The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 04/06/2023"