Media Bias Fact Check selects and publishes fact checks from around the world. We only utilize fact-checkers that are either a signatory of the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) or have been verified as credible by MBFC. Further, we review each fact check for accuracy before publishing. We fact-check the fact-checkers and let you know their bias. When appropriate, we explain the rating and/or offer our own rating if we disagree with the fact-checker. (D. Van Zandt)
Claim Codes: Red = Fact Check on a Right Claim, Blue = Fact Check on a Left Claim, Black = Not Political/Conspiracy/Pseudoscience/Other
Fact Checker bias rating Codes: Red = Right-Leaning, Green = Least Biased, Blue = Left-Leaning, Black = Unrated by MBFC
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
|Claim by Chuck Schumer (D): Sullivan County “has the highest opioid death rate in all of New York state” yet “it’s the only county in the Hudson Valley not included in the federal High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area” program.
PolitiFact rating: Mostly True (Sullivan County experienced the highest rate of opioid related deaths in New York state in 2018 and 2019, and in preliminary data for 2022. Despite this, the federal government does not consider Sullivan County a High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area, even though other New York counties are designated as such.)
|Claim via Social Media: A mugshot of Donald Trump was taken at his arraignment.
KTVB rating: False (Online mugshots of Trump are edited or AI-generated.)
|FALSE||Claim by Donald Trump (D): The search of Mar-a-Lago was an “illegal and unconstitutional raid.”|
|Claim via Social Media: George Floyd made an offensive comment about trans people on Twitter in 2011.
Snopes rating: False (It is a fake tweet to denigrate George Floyd.)
|Claim by Laura Ingraham: Video clip shows that protesters in Tennessee “made their way onto the state capitol floor.”
Politifact rating: False (The video doesn’t show unauthorized protesters on the House floor. It shows three Democratic legislators who took over the lectern and led chants echoed by protesters who had gathered in the viewing galleries, which were open to the public.)
|FALSE||(International: United Kingdom): The World Health Organisation and National Institutes of Health are using the tetanus jab to make people sterile.
Full Fact rating: False (This is a claim that has previously been disproven and appears to derive from rumours surrounding trials in the 1990s of a combined tetanus and contraceptive vaccine that was not intended to sterilise women forever. The WHO has previously led research into fertility regulating vaccines but these are explicitly not designed to be permanent, and were meant to offer alternatives to already existing contraceptive methods.)
Disclaimer: We are providing links to fact-checks by third-party fact-checkers. If you do not agree with a fact check, please directly contact the source of that fact check.
The Latest Factual News
- Koch Network Backs Nikki Haley in GOP Primary, Boosting Her Against Trumpby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 10:31 am
- Hunter Biden Agrees to Public Testimony in House Oversight Committee Inquiryby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 10:25 am
- Sandy Hook Families Propose $85 Million Settlement to Alex Jonesby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 7:39 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 11/28/2023by Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 6:00 am
- Immigration officials reduce legal entries in Texas, Arizona to address illegal crossingsby newsfactsnetwork on November 28, 2023 at 5:16 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: America Out Loudby Media Bias Fact Check on November 28, 2023 at 4:00 am
- Fox News Reporter Criticized for Questioning Biden’s Age in Re-election Bidby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 9:22 pm
- International Accord on AI Safety: Guidelines for Secure and Responsible AI Developmentby newsfactsnetwork on November 27, 2023 at 5:16 pm